I thought that it would be interesting to see which Roman sites under State Guardianship had guidebooks or pamphlets by 1955.
- Burgh Castle: 3 d
- Corbridge Roman Station: 1 s
- Housesteads Roman Fort: 1 s
- Pevensey Castle: 1 s; abridged guide, 3 d
- Portchester Castle: 1 s
- Reculver: 2 d
- Richborough Castle: 3 d
- Wroxeter Roman City: 3 d
- Brecon Gaer: 3 d [O.E. Craster]
- Caerleon, Roman Amphitheatre: 1 s; abridged guide, 3 d [R.E.M. Wheet and Tessa Wheeler]
- Caerwent Roman City: 1 s
Other guides included Roman elements.