Richard J. Brewer produced a new guide for CAW in 1993 entitled Caerwent Roman Town (note the subtle change of title). By this point remains of the forum-basilica and a nearby temple had been opened to the public, as well as a courtyard house in the western part of the settlement. The colour reconstruction of the town was included in the CADW guide although it notes:
A great deal of research has been undertaken on Roman towns since this painting was completed in 1937, and ideas and interpretations have changed. Nevertheless, Sorrell’s work still conveys well enough an impression of Caerwent as it may have appeared in the fourth century.
The inclusion of the reconstruction by Sorrell in the 1951 guide is a reminder that the MPBW were moving away from a straight description of a complex site with plans and photographs, to one that would capture the imagination of the visitor and help them to visualise how it would have appeared.