The impressive castle walls at Framlingham Castle, Suffolk date to Roger Bigod II, second earl of Norfolk (c. 1143-1221). The walls are dominated by a series of thirteen towers. Each contains a small Ministry of Works sign giving the appropriate number. These can be seen both from the ground level and the impressive wall-walk that gives views over the Suffolk countryside.
Framlingham Castle was placed in state guardianship in 1913.
For the Department of Enviornment short guide see here.