St Olave’s Priory is an Augustinian foundation dating to the early 13th century. It has been in state care since 1921 and is now part of English Heritage. The priory was originally in Suffolk (and still features in the Suffolk Pevsner) but since 1974 has been in Norfolk.
One of the most impressive features left at the site is the 14th century refectory. The refectory continued as a private house until 1902.
- Further details in Heritage Unlocked