Inchmahome Priory stands on an island in the Lake of Menteith. The chapter house lies in the east range of the cloister: the dorter would have been above.
In the late 17th century the chapter house became a mausoleum, probably for Lord Kilpont (d. 1644). It is currently used as a site museum.
The cloister gave access to the priory church.
The Historic Scotland guide is by Kirsty Owen (2003 ).