Historic England has issued a list of the Top 10 Heritage Sites in England (Mark Brown, “New top 10 of heritage sites maps out the history of England”, The Guardian 12 June 2018).
The sites are:
- Sutton Hoo, Suffolk
- Angel of the North, Gateshead
- St Paul’s Cathedral
- Coventry Cathedral
- Tate Modern
- the Barbara Hepworth museum and sculpture park, St Ives, Cornwall
- the Yorkshire Sculpture Park near Wakefield
- Kelmscott Manor, Oxfordshire
- Chatsworth House, Derbyshire
- the Minack theatre, Cornwall
What would be in your top 10 sites for England?