Journal summary: The Journal of Tourism Futures is a result of the growing awareness, in academia but especially in the professional world, of the increasing importance of tourism as a social phenomenon and as an economic sector. If we see that the impact on our lives, our culture and our economy is growing, it becomes urgent that we understand how things will evolve, which variables determine this development and where we should intervene. The goal of this initiative is to bring academic rigour to the study of the future of tourism.
The aims of the journal are:
• To inspire the tourism industry and academic community about the future of tourism
• The dissemination and formulation of the body of knowledge called tourism futures to practitioners, educators, researchers and students.
• To provide an international forum for a wide range of practical, theoretical and applied research within the field of tourism futures
• To represent a multi-disciplinary set of views on key and emerging issues in tourism futures.
• To include a cross-section of methodologies and viewpoints on research, including quantitative and qualitative approaches, case studies, and empirical and theoretical studies.
• To encourage greater understanding and linkage between the fields of study related to tourism futures.
• To publish new and original ideas.
The scope of the journal is:
• To serve and reflect the tremendous growth in research and discussions in tourism futures.
• To take a broad and multi-disciplinary approach to the future, whether it is short term or long term or economics or consumer behaviour. However, the journal will not comprise its position that all papers must be about the “future” and “tourism”.
• To encourage papers that stretch the current boundaries of the fields and develop new areas and new linkages with other relevant areas or combine or introduce new approaches and methodologies.
• To welcome creative and innovative approaches and papers that introduce new concepts and ideas.
Access: Subscription; some open access
Journal Type: Academic peer-reviewed