The fortified town of Berwick-upon-Tweed is well worth a visit (see English Heritage). A good place to start is the former military barracks where there is a rather unusual Ministry sign.
The site of the night stairs from the dorter at Dundrennan Abbey are located in the south transept.
The dorter was located above the chapter house, and remains of one of the windows can be seen in the upper section.
The reredorter was located at the southern end of the range.
The frater or refectory at Finchale Priory lies on the south side of the cloister. It dates to the early 14th century.
Access was via an arched doorway in the south-west corner of the cloister, with steps up to the frater.
Below the frater is a vaulted cellar.
The charnel house at Bury St Edmunds lay within the precinct of the abbey, just to the south of the west end. It lies in what is now the Great Cemetery. This structure was built by Abbot John Northwold (d. 1301) [see ODNB]. This was constructed to take the bones of the dead recovered from the construction of new graves.
The gateway to Framlingham Castle enters through the base of Tower 1.
On the eastern side are Towers 4, 5, and 6.
The present descent from the wall walkway is through Tower 10.
Access to the wall walkway is through Tower 11.