The Bishop’s Palace at Lamphey in Pembrokeshire is now in the care of Cadw; the remains were placed in State Guardianship in 1925. The origins of the house lay in the Norman occupation of south-west Wales.
Bishop Henry de Gower (1328–47) expanded the palace. The estate was handed over to the crown at the time of the Reformation.
C.A. Ralegh Radford prepared a simple paper guide in 1948. It contains a history and a description, with a double page plan in the centre.
The Bishop’s Palace (now under the guardianship of Cadw) is adjacent to the cathedral in St Davids, Pembrokeshire. The palace was enhanced by Bishop Henry de Gower in the 14th century. In the foreground is the entrance to the Bishop’s hall.
The arcading along the upper part of the hall is echoed in Swansea castle.