The Cove lies to the south-west of the main circle at Stanton Drew, and to the rear of the Druid’s Arms. Lindsell finds parallels at Avebury, Cairnpapple, and at Rollright. Burl notes that the stone is dolomitic breccia, and different to the other stones.
A single Ministry signpost continues to point the way to Chysauster Ancient Village through the network of small roads in Penwith. It even provides the distance: 2 1/4 miles.
Traces of the original green paint can still be seen against the post.
This monolith stands at about the highest point to the south-west of Wadebridge in Cornwall. It was re-erected in 1956 and placed in State Guardianship in 1965 when it was provided with an MPBW sign (now replaced). Note that the original name was longstone rather than monolith.
Note that the stone is now dated from the Late Neolithic to the mid-Bronze Age, i.e. c. 2500–1500 BC; this contrasts with the view in the 1960s as used on the sign, 1800–600 BC.
The site is now managed by the Cornwall Heritage Trust.
Castle Rising was placed in State Guardianship in 1958. There is a single Ministry directional sign left in the village.
The nave of the priory church at Binham remains in use.
Parts of the south aisle lie outside the present parish church.
The choir and presbytery lie to the east of the present parish church and are now in a ruinous state.
The north and south transepts are clearly marked.
The night stairs are located in the south transept. These led to the dorter.
The foundations of the late 11th century building are marked out in the north aisle.
The Lady Chapel may have been located on the north side.
One of the Ministry signs has been used at Helmsley Castle in Yorkshire. Variants of this include ‘Out of Bounds’ (Berwick upon Tweed), ‘No Access Beyond This Point’ (Dundrennan Abbey), ‘Private’ (Hadrian’s Wall; New Abbey Cornmill), ‘No Admittance Without Ticket’ (Saxtead Green), and ‘No Admittance to Abbey This Way’ (Easby Abbey).
There was a ‘No Exit’ sign at Framlingham Castle.
The top of Cardoness Castle provides views over the estuary. Visitors are discouraged from trying to get on top of the walls. One points out the danger, the other expressly forbids it.
The second reproduces the word ‘Notice’: surely redundant on a sign? And the clear indication that ‘visitors are not allowed on wall top’ is ‘by order’; underneath is an erased line, ‘Ministry of Works’.