The Suffolk Museum of the Years Awards 2017 took place at the University of Suffolk last night. The awards, hosted by BBC Radio Suffolk’s Lesley Dolphin, were as follows:
- Suffolk Museum of the Year 2017: Palace House: National Heritage Centre for Horseracing and Sporting Art
- Family Friendly museum: Moyse’s Hall Museum
- Museum Object of the Year: the dwile flonking trophy at Halesworth and District Museum
- Learning and Access Award: West Stow Anglo Saxon Village
- Merit Awards: The Red House and East Anglia Transport Museum
Congratulations to the winners, short-listed museums and to all museums across Suffolk.
Tom Potter, “Newmarket’s National Heritage Centre for Horseracing and Sporting Art named Suffolk Museum of the Year“, EADT 9 October 2017.